You know what’s frustrating about relying solely on your memory to be organised? It’s a fallible thing and it’s so easy to miss even the most important stuff. I’m guilty of missing out on so many tags and awards that people have tagged me in, all because I’m so bad at keeping track of things. However, here is an award I was kindly tagged by the most wonderful Charvi @ Not Just Fiction. Thank you so much for this honour, Charvi! Let’s get into the post that I promise will be more fun than this wreck of an introduction.
“Mystery Blogger Award” is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion.
- Put the award logo/image on your blog.
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- You have to nominate 10 – 20 people.
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog.
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify).
- Share a link to your best post(s).
3 Things About Me
- I’m the proud creator of Book Dragons India, a
super secret cultcommunity of Indian book bloggers, as of yesterday.
- I’m supposed to be doing a readathon now but forgot to plan ahead, so here I am writing this post instead of reading.
- Even though I recommend food and music pairings in all my book reviews, I rarely eat or drink while reading.
Q1. What is your greatest reading accomplishment and why?
A. I would say getting other people who are close to me to read. Sure, it’s not a personal achievement but the ultimate goal I’m working towards with the blog and every other endeavour is to get people to read because I truly believe a reading habit can change lives for the better.
Q2. What type of posts do you like reading and writing the best?
A. I love reading discussion posts because there are usually so many different opinions. I like to see all sides of an argument, even if they are plain wrong, misinformed or complete nonsense because I find every chain of reasoning fascinating. However, I like writing listicles just because listing things down is a habit I don’t have but it makes me immensely happy whenever I’m forced to do it for a post. I hope that makes sense!
Q3. Who or what inspired you to start your blog?
A. Not sure how many people know this about me but I had a writing blog before I started working last year and had a ton of time on my hands. I became obsessed with BookTube in December 2016 and started my book blog in January 2017 on Tumblr. I eventually moved it to WordPress in May and this became my primary blog in September 2017.
Q4. Which bloggers have you collaborated with and whom would you like to collaborate in the future?
A. I haven’t collaborated with anyone on this blog yet because I was too shy to approach people with my small numbers. However, I have exciting things planned for 2019 and will be collaborating with my lovely book blogging friends for more amazing content. I don’t want to disclose all the details now, but I would suggest you all keep an eye out for that next year!
Q5. Would you rather read a book while doing a headstand or read it while on a treadmill? (Weird/funny question)
A. I would take the treadmill anyday because in a headstand all the blood would rush to your head and it would be very uncomfortable after a few minutes. Can you tell I’m a science nerd?
The post I’m most proud of – Book Blogging 101: How to Balance Blogging and Life
I will be nominating 3 because I’m a rebel like that but if you are interested in doing this tag but nobody has tagged you yet, please consider yourself tagged by me!
My questions will be the same as Charvi’s except for the weird/funny one (ahem, need to get back to readathon, not because I’m lazy):
- What is your greatest reading accomplishment and why?
- What type of posts do you like reading and writing the best?
- Who or what inspired you to start your blog?
- Which bloggers have you collaborated with and whom would you like to collaborate in the future?
- Which is the most embarrassing place you’ve read something? (Weird/funny)
What is your blog’s origin story? Do you have a goal in mind that you want to accomplish with your blogging platform? Let me know in the comments section below!